College Credit Courses at OHS
COLLEGE CHOICE AT TVCC
Treasure Valley Community College offers local high school students the opportunity to enroll in one college course each quarter - without the expense of tuition
Advisors in the Student Services Center can help students with class selections. Students can make an appointment with one of the advisors or drop in at the Student Services Center during regular business hours.
Students meeting the criteria for the program can register, on a space available basis, one week before each quarter.
Who Qualifies for the Program?
Students need to meet the following requirements to be eligible for College Choice:
- Have at least Junior credit standing
- Have High School cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
College Choice Checklist
- Treasure Valley Community College Application for Admission
- COLLEGE CHOICE Concurrent Enrollment Approval Form. Submit each quarter student attends TVCC.
- Transcripts. Submit official high school transcripts with Enrollment Approval Form each quarter.
- COMPASS Placement Test
- Registration Form. Each quarter, students meet with an advisor for class selection and advisor signature.
- Submit all materials to the Student Services Center.
4 Easy Steps to become a Student at TVCC:
ONTARIO HIGH SCHOOL COL-CRED COURSES
Many classes are offered on the OHS campus, and are taught by high school teachers with credentials which allow them to teach at the college level. Students receive both high school and college credit. Tuition is charged, but at a much reduced rate.
- H English 12
- Math 111 & 112 (Offered through OIT)
- Adv. Biology
- Adv. Chemistry
- Health 2
- Oregon Teacher Pathways Program (Offered through EOU)
ONTARIO HIGH SCHOOL 2+2 COURSES (Career Technical Education)
Many classes are offered on the OHS campus, and are taught by high school teachers with credentials which allow them to teach at the college level. Students receive both high school and college credit.
The courses listed below are part of the 2 +2 Program, the college credit is available for free as long as you meet the course requirements.
|Ag Issues||Ag 201: Ag Issues||Fall/Spring|
|Ag Computers||Ag 211: Ag Computer||Fall/Spring|
|Ag Marketing||AREC 221: Ag Marketing||Fall/Spring|
|Animal Science||ANS 121: Animal Science||Fall/Spring|
|Intro to Ag Shop Skills||AET 221 Shop Skills||Fall/Spring|
|Adv. Ag Shop Skills||AG 221 Metals & Welding||Fall/Spring|
Competencies are recorded on student transcript as they complete business classes.
|Word Processing I||OA 121: Typing/Keyboarding I|
|Word Processing II||OA 122: Typing/Keyboarding II|
|Honors Word Processing II||OA 201: Word Processing I|
|Honors Adv Word Processing II||OA 202: Word Processing II|