The OHS Class of 1965 has established a scholarship fund, which will provide multiple scholarship opportunities to OHS students. The goal of this fund is to assist chosen students in meeting their educational and career goals.
Kerry Iseri - President
Jodie Glore, Vice - Pres
Mike Blackaby - Treasurer
Patti Mays Saunders - Secretary
John Gentry & Skip Bicknese - Board Members
Current scholarships are managed by the foundation and include:
- Ken and Carol Glore Memorial Scholarship (established in 2002 and renewable). Available to a student pursuing a major that honors teaching, counseling and/or school administration.
- Foundation general scholarship (discontinued in 2014)
- Kelly Ogawa Memorial Scholarship (Foundation managed since 2002 and renewable). Awards are now $500 annually each to a boy and girl. (Kelly was a member of our class)
- Mary Gail Blackaby Memorial Scholarship was established in 2006
- Malheur County Farm Labor Sponsoring Assoc. Agricultural Scholarship - established in 2013.
- Bob Kudrna Memorial Scholarship - established in 2013.(Bob was a founding member of our foundation)
- Josh Keele Memorial Music Scholarship -established in 2003 non renewable.
History of the Foundation
The Foundation was started in 2002 by several members of the class of 1965 and has 501(c)3 non-profit corporation status. As of June 2015, the foundation has provided scholarships with a total commitment of $672,750. In addition, the foundation has assisted the Ogawa Memorial Scholarship in providing students with $56,000. in assistance.
The initial idea for the foundation arose from informal discussions among several classmates, who recognized the need for assisting Ontario High School students, and with a strong desire to give back to the community where they were raised.
The foundation also welcomes other classes and individuals to use the foundation to award their own scholarships.